Wednesday, February 23, 2011

OMFGLOL-VL: A Discourse on Emerging Tectonic Visualization and the Effects of Materiality on Praxis. Or an essay on the ridiculous way architects talk

I was bumping about last night and while reading Doctor, Lawyer, Architect, Fail on the Architects 2Zebras site I hit the link for A Discourse on Emerging Tectonic Visualization and the Effects of Materiality on Praxis Or an essay on the ridiculous way architects talk.

I won't even add my 2 cents, as the article I find spot on, so I find no need (it's perfect as is) I'll simply quote a part of it:

"The Urban Dictionary defines Archispeak as: "Large, made-up words that architects and designers use to make themselves sound smarter than you (you being the client or the confused observer of design). [hit the image above]

It does nothing to inform or enlighten the consumer of architecture and mostly serves to numb them into obedience or self doubt." That sounds about right.

F'ing hilarious because there is even a book on Archispeak!!! Plus the book is illustrated, so the irony continues!!!

I do live in a glass house here, so next time I drop methodologically, etc. I will give myself a little self conscious, inner chuckle...

No comments:

Post a Comment